Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Cheesy Potato Soup

This is the best carnival EVER! What could possibly be better than food (real yummy food!) and a crockpot!?!? Ummm....N.O.T.H.I.N.G (okay... well maybe my own chef and clean up crew!)!!

Today, I wanted to share a very easy, healthy, yummy recipe with you that does not take a lot of effort. I pull this recipe out when I want something that has minimal steps and I can count on turning out and being ready to eat when we are! I look forward to this during the Christmas season when everything seems to be hectic.

Yummy Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Soup
8-10 white potatoes
3 cups chicken stock
1 onion, minced
1 c. half and half
6 c. of cheddar cheese

In the morning, cube all potatoes. Add stock and onion. Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours (I have cooked it on high for 1/2 the time, but it didn't turn out as well, but it was still tasty.).

An hour before serving, add half and half and cheese. Continue cooking on low until time to serve. Serve hot.

*You can add more cheese on top, bacon, scallions, chives or even sour cream.*

This is an extremely yummy dish. Give it a try... There's nothing to lose except for hours wasted in the kitchen! :)

You ahead, run and check out Nourishing Crockpot at Passionate Homemaking... You won't be sorry!

------------------------------------------------------------------
This post is linked to Nourishing Crockpot, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, and Tuesdays at the Table.



10 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

This is a perfect day for soup. It snowed here. Haven't seen snow since the beginning of the year. It looks delish!

K E Fleck said...

oh, this sounds really good! I found you on the Nourishing Crock Pot Carnival ... and I'm so glad I did. What a wonderful blog you have!

Best Wishes, Kara

SnoWhite said...

wonderful! I love soups like these.

Cole said...

That does sound yummy!! Thanks for sharing with TATT!

Anonymous said...

I love potato soup and how easy in a crockpot. Can't wait to try it.
vickie

Brittney said...

I'm excited to try this recipe! Thanks for putting it on the Nourishing Crockpot Carnival!! Also, have you ever tried to blend some of the potatoes up to make it more creamy? My husband loves thicker potato soups (since he's not a soup guy - I didn't luck out on that one). I'm trying this recipe either way but thought I'd check!! Have a great day in the Lord!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I just love potato soup!

Lacey said...

Made this last night -- it was delicious! I used a little less cheese, and threw in some mushrooms and grated zucchini to make it a little more nutritious, but the flavour was brilliant! Thanks for posting.

DeAnna said...

I finally found a soup that my boys will eat, thanks for the recipe. It was love by all.

Anonymous said...

I will have to try the grated zucchini! That's a great idea! I like sneaking in extra veggies to things.