Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

AppleNut Oatmeal Panckaes

I am finally getting to the point where I can try and come up with my own recipes by tweaking and adding. I'm still not very comfortable with it but I am finally finding my way around the kitchen better!

Here is a recipe I came up with this morning:

AppleNut Oatmeal Pancakes

  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 2-3 cups of whole wheat flour (I think pancake making is all about the individual. Some like the batter runny, some like it thick. I personally like my batter runny. I think it is easier to work with - therefore, I used 2 cups of whole wheat flour.)
  • 1/3 cup of crushed walnuts or pecans
  • 1/2 cup sucanant 
  • 4 teaspoons of aluminum free baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of applesauce
  • 2 1/2 cup of milk
You can either grind your oatmeal or you can leave it whole. I choose to leave the oatmeal whole. It cooked up well on the griddle.

In one bowl combine oats, whole wheat, walnuts, sucanant, and baking powder. After sifted, add eggs, applesauce and milk.

Pour batter onto griddle, cook and flip. These pancakes are so sweet and full of flavor that you do not need any syrup. You can drizzle melted butter or a small amount of honey.

Trying this recipe, I did not soak any of the grains. Next time I will try soaking. For more information on soaking your grains you can visit Lindsey at Passionate Homemaking.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh yum! One question... do you really actually sift stuff? When recipes say that, I just ignore it. Am I missing out on something by being a rebel?