Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Prayer

Today I am praying for patience. I am soo tired. The kids have aggrivated me from minute one of today. I love my kids so much but some days are just bad. We have all been stuck in the house and are going stir crazy due to sickness. Last night I got my first "good" nights sleep in a week (due to some heavy medication). This morning I awake to our 3 yo kicking me in the back, "trying" to get his feet warm. So innocent- yet so annoying...

Now I reflect on what my best friend is going through. Her little 3 pound- 1 mo baby son is fighting for his life. Every breath is a struggle for him and every minute is devastating for her. I cannot fathom what she is going through. As I reflect on this, I begin to think about our loss...

Five sweet little babies gone to Heaven now... Oh sweet Lord how I yearn for them... How my life seems incomplete... I search and seek for contentment but the pain is agonizing some days... The prayer is continual - Lord please touch and heal my broken body.... And as I reflect on this I begin to think of the questions my dear sweet son will have soon. They have already began...

"Mama- why am I different?"

Lord help me find the answers to give me sweet sweet little boy and Lord give me the patience to love my children even during the hard days such as today.... Amen.

No comments: