Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

What I Want to Be When I Grow Up

Sometimes I feel as if my life just took off without me. All of the sudden I was out of high school doing stupid things and the next I was a mother and a wife. I catch myself wondering if I really ever figured out who I was and if I ever grew up.

Enter meltdown...

My oldest son is graduating from preschool this evening and moving on to all day kindergarten next year. I know y'all are laughing at me... All of the sudden this feeling came over me. I am going to be lost when I don't have kids at home anymore!

So after many days, weeks.. of praying, I decided what I want to be when I grow up. I adore being out in farm country. There is a peace that washes over me. God's beautiful country. I can feel Him in the breeze and see Him in the blowing grass in the fields. I long to be a country girl. I long to harvest our own foods and I long to be able to do it myself. I long to raise free range meat and breed horses. I long to do so much. I'm not sure just yet what my area will be but I know God's plan is great!

I have no idea to do a lot of what I will need to do but the next four years will be dedicated to trying to obtain financial security, lots of reading and research, and learning as much as I can about the life on a farm from right here in my own little suburban development.

I am beginning to garden at my home and trying to learn many other skills. I will be checking in and giving y'all progress updates and most likely some good stories of success and failure.

Join me on my journey from crazy suburbia to peaceful pastures!

No comments: