(Borrowed image from Zappos)
This is the skirt I am wearing in gray today... Why have I begun to wear skirts you might be asking... Because I'm crazy! No not really. I do have a couple good reasons or at least they are good in my opinion. :)
The Bible says:
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. 1 Timothy 2:9-10It is, I believe, the opinion of each individual on whether to wear skirts or pants, cut their hair or not, weat make-up or not, OR wear jewelry or not, however the Bible does call for us to be dressed modestly. I do wear make-up time to time and I do wear a little bit of jewlery.
I was not a big skirt or dress wearer, but that changed a few months ago and I have just recently began to force myself into wearing a few skirts.
Here are the short reasons for why I wear skirts more now:
- God convicted me. He told me that I was not taking good care of myself and I was not being an example for my children. Just because I was a mom, doesn't mean I should neglect myself and my body.
- I am now at a point where I am content with my life (it took a lot of praying and seeking the Lord). If I only have two sons, I want to show them what modest femininity looks like. I want to be a Godly example of how woman should dress.
- If I am blessed with daughters, I want to be the example that you can be modest and look nice. I want them to look at me and see confidence in what I am wearing and with everything all covered.
- I want to look nice for my husband. I know this and all the above examples can be achieved through jeans and a nice sweater, but it just wasn't working for me. I had to get out of the maternity pants and sweats suits. This was my only option. I am very an "all or nothing" personality.
- I feel better. I was beginning to forget, in a house of all males, that I was a woman and it was okay to not be one of the guys.
- And I am being completely honest here, after I started wearing them, I have begun to like how the feel. I like that I'm not worried about my backend hanging out or my pants splitting. It just gives me room to move (side note... all skirts I wear at this point are long).
Have you ever thought of giving skirts a try?
This post is linked to Works for Me Wednesday.