Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Women Blessing Women: Including


Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.  When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.

Romans 12:9-13

Do you know what an open and closed circle in communication means?

I did not know until a seminar this weekend at our church...

Have you ever walked up to a group of people in a circle and it was just hard to get included?

Have you ever looked around and saw groups of people who have similar circumstances and interests in one group and then another in a different part of the room?

Have you ever felt like the "odd man out"?

I know I have and I know that I have at church a lot of times at church...

Church is the one place that where everyone should be welcomed, loved and accepted. However, some times it just does not feel that way.

It breaks my heart to see a new face in the room searching for someone to reach out and the circles are formed and closed.

One easy way to bless other women is to include them and when you include them, listen to them. I know the Lord has truly equipped you!

So what do you say? This week when you walk through the church doors, I challenge you to look around for a new face and encourage them and make them feel special and like they belong. That will really be a woman blessing women!

Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.

Ephesians 4:32

2 comments:

Janet said...

A good reminder. I've moved so much I often feel like the odd man out. So after I've passed that newcomer phase I try to make a point of making future newcomers feel welcome.

Jhona O. said...

I l-o-v-e-d this post!!! I agree with what Janet is saying. I do the same thing!!! I think it's important to open those circles. GREAT post Jodi!!! A very good reminder and encouragement to me. Thank you for doing this series of posts.