Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day Four of our Journey - Stuff


I am going to be starting a series on stuff. Just that stuff. Could I get more specific? Eh. Maybe but probably not. I will narrow it down a bit ... Here is a list of what I intend on covering.

  • Stewardship of the material stuff we have been given. 
  • Decluttering the material stuff.
  • Organizing the material stuff.
  • Getting rid of that negative stuff in our minds and replacing it with positive.
  • When "stuff" happens...
-----------------------------------------------

Stewardship of Stuff - 

It's a new year. A new beginning. I know in my family we were so blessed to receive more stuff. Our family and friends were so gracious and gave us not only what we wanted but a lot of what we needed. This year I was pleased with how intentional and thoughtful people were. I truly know they were thinking and praying for us as they browsed for our gifts.

I really feel the need to be more intentional about the stewardship of the stuff we have been given. I need to take better care of and maintain it better. If it is broke, fix it. If it out, put it away. If it is dirty, clean it. 

So often I leave it for tomorrow an it becomes a bigger mess than if I would have just taken care of it today. Beginning today, I am going to be more intentional about taking care of all the material possessions we have been blessed with. 

What about you? Are you a good steward over your material possessions? Do you work a little harder to keep them nice and maintained?

No comments: