Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Days two and three of our Journey - Contentment



Philippians 4:11-12
Not that I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.
Being content. I struggle with being content. I always want to move on to the next thing. I never sit and rejoice in the moment. 
That needs to change. I need to be happy where I am. I need to be content. Enjoy this season of life. Enjoy where the Lord has me. Be a witness in the day in which I am living. 
My next step in making all the changes from 'Burb Girl to Cowgirl is to find contentment where I am. Even if it's in the middle of this stinkin' suburb where the neighbors are drunk and rude. Where my soul and spirit feel dampened. I will lean on God. He knows the plans for me (Jeremiah 29:11). He is guiding me. He has blessed me.  He does good for all those who love Him. He knows my heart and I must trust in His timing.
It's OK to make plans and work towards the future (Proverbs 6:6 - 8) but I should not get so wrapped up in them that I miss out on today. 
How about you? Do you struggle with rejoicing right where you are in life? Do you long for the next thing? 

No comments: