This year after reading Marybeth and Curt Whalen's book, Andy and I decided to implament the idea of "no-matter whats" in our goals for the year. This is a concept that whatever is going on we have runs set and we stick to them.
Jodi's No-Matter Whats for 2010
No Matter What....
- I will worship in some fashion everyday whether it is extra Bible reading, a specific time for quiet prayer, a Christian book, or stopping and lifting my voice and heart to Heaven.
- I will be more focused on Dylan's schooling and be more open to "crafting and messy" ideas.
- Our family will get into good daily routines and try to continue to follow them.
- I will exercise 4 times a week for 30 minutes
- Through the good, bad and the ugly we will keep track and write down our Weight Watchers points.
- We will eat at home every week day with only a few occassional eating out meals on the weekends.
- I will drink 32 oz. of water every day and then gradually bump it up to 64 oz.
- I will have a protein shake for breakfast and take my meds and vitamins regularly everyday.
- We will work on a budget together and stick to it.
- I will clean 45 minutes per day and do laundry daily instead of one big, exhausting session.
Books to Read:
- Organic Gardening
- Living Organic
- Be Fruitful and Multiply
- Plan B
- What Happens When Women Walk in Faith: Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places
- The Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God
- Simple Secrets of a Great Marriage
- Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?
- Taking Care of the Me in Mommy: Becoming a Better Mom: Spirit, Body & Soul
- The Heart of the Five Love Languages
- Shepherding a Child's Heart
- Begin family movie nite and family game nite
- Be more adament and deliberate about starting our own family traditions
- Andy and I work on budget together and stick to it
- Find new and inventive ways to save money
- Establish emergency fund
- Pay off $10,000.00 of medical debt
- Save for my dental implants
- Journal all purchases and better organize/keep receipts
- Begin couponing
- Prepare a few freezer meals for hectic days
- Make a meal journal and rotate for menu planning
- Become more deligent in menu planning
- Organize and thin out clothes
- Organize pantry and make a journal of contents
- Center our meals around healthy couponing
- Try 3 new recipes a month
- De-clutter and clean room by room for garage sales in spring and fall
- find a home-cleaning routine that works for me
- find easier ways to garden and use harvest as well as grow garden by adding more vegetables
- 20% weight loss goal by May
- Begin to sew and use up fabric stock
- Make aprons
- Get scrapbooks more caught up
- Continue the homemade Christmas gift tradition for next Christmas
- Better health choices including taking medicine and vitamins regularly
- Read Bible daily
- Better attendence at church functions
- Begin prayer journal
- Reach out to those at church who are new or that I do not know.
- Be better prepared for Sunday school and Small Group
I composed a list last Saturday of recipes I would like to try this year. Click here to see it!
Do you have New Year's Goals? If you do, link up at The Happy Housewife and find some great accountability partners!