What time of year you ask?!? I am so glad you asked because I just cannot wait to tell you!
It's Garage Sale time! I love garage sales, having them and going to them.
The tricks to having a great garage sale:
- Incredible pricing- For me having a garage sale is not only about making money but about getting things out of my house. I would like to make a little money but I REALLY don't want to take those things back in my house. So for kids clothes I always price them 25 cents/piece or 5 for $1. It is a huge hit and there are actually people who look for my sale year after year.
- Great Signs- My husband always makes great signs. Balloons help too.
- Having your big and interesting items outside for all to see. You want the those items to catch people's eyes as they are driving by.
- Smiles... People like to buy from kind people who smile and make them feel welcome.
- Give your kids a set amount of money for the whole garage sale day. My oldest son get 50 cents to buy something that he and I agree on. After that money is he's done buying.
- Go with a list. If you just shop for things that may have a place in your home then you will be over run with clutter and spend money you did not need to spend.
- Take a van and go with a couple other families. Save gas money!
For more frugal tips head on over to Life As Mom.