Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Self-Discipline

As Andy and I are really, truly beginning the Maker's Diet next Monday, I am extremely nervous. If there is one flaw that I will be the first to admit I have have is a lack of self-control. So I am holding onto the Word of God to help me through this battle with PCOS and the diet that is proclaimed to be the best nutrition for me. So here are some Bible verses that I want to keep in mind:

  • Proverbs 25:28 - "Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control."
  • Proverbs 1:2 - "for attaining wisdom and discipline; for understanding words of insight; for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair..."
  • 2 Timothy 1:7 - "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."(sound mind is translated to discipline and self control)
  • Ephesians 6:13 - "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."
  • Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
  • Psalm 28:7 -"The Lord is my strength and my shield ..."
  • Psalm 138:3 -"In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul."
  • Psalm 68:35 -"O God, You are more awesome than Your holy places. The God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people."
  • Isaiah 40:29 -"He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength."
  • Proverbs 3:26 -"For the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught."

So there are some verses to keep our minds on the foods I should be eating and the power that the Almighty will give me.

No comments: