Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Morning Musings..

We had an incredible Easter! It is by far my favorite day of the year. We all got up, put on our Easter best, and went downstairs to find what the bunny had left for us. It was so fun to see Dylan's eyes light up. He is at such a fun age. We then got some breakfast and went to the early (8:30!) service at church. There were not a huge amount of people there but the atmosphere was incredible. I was teary eyed the whole service. The fact that someone loves me as much as Jesus just totally overwhelms me. After church we came home and begin preparations for my family to come to our home for our Easter celebration. It was nice to have everyone here. Lincoln got his nap and we didn't have to wake him. That made for a happy baby, therefore a more happy mama. After here we went to my parent's for the BIG egg hunt. It was too cute. Too much candy and junk, but too cute! After that we stopped by Andy's grandma's for a while and then came home to relax. It was nice.

One of the best things that has happened in the past week that has nothing to do with Easter preparations, but everything to do with God, is the renewing of my marriage the way that God wants it. It hit me that everything is not about me and my marriage will not be complete without God's direction. After falling to my knees and giving it to Him, everything is falling into place. It is truly incredible. I will not lie and tell you I am always the most willing or patient wife because that is truly not the case, but I feel more loving and devoted and sacrificial. It is a great feeling. I really now understand when people say that you get more out of giving. With that, our communication has improved. I was able to open up and now it feels like we are on the same page. It has truly been a blessing!

Now today I am beginning the Maker's Diet. I am extremely nervous. I am a picky eater and the things on this diet are not usually something I would pick! I am relying on God to bring me discipline and peace of mind. I am also sort of weirdly excited. This morning I woke up in pain because of the horrible things I had eaten yesterday. I am hoping this is a turning point for my body. What is 40 days for God out of my life? Hardly anything!! So please leave encouragement or even prayers to bring me through this sacrificial time!

Hope every one's week is blessed!

1 comment:

Staci A said...

Sounds like a wonderful Easter! Best of luck on the diet!