Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

For the L.O.V.E. of Jars/Frugal Decorating

I LOVE jars! I thought I was the only person in the world that was in L.O.V.E with jars. BUT, low and behold, I am not! I have been reading Laura's blog (for great inspiration and healthy eating and homemaking, check it out!) It seems I am not the only person who loves jars! Woot! I am not totally crazy (or am I?)!

So I thought I would let y'all into my home and show you just a few on my jars! :)
This is my jar collection before the start of canning.. My husband thinks I have too many! Oh silly man, I had to buy more! :)

The south inside of my downstairs closet. We are blessed with a closet that goes all the way around under the stairs. We ran out of room in the dining room and kitchen so we came up with this handy little space. Works great and I have a great cool and dark place for my potatoes!

The south side of the closet with my bulk foods.

So this was impromtu, and I didn't have time to clean up but here is the shelving in my kitchen.

The bottom of my kitchen shelving!

The right side of the shelves close up!

The left side of my shelves, close-up!

I love jars so much that I used my left-over baby jars and made a spice rack over my oven from them.

My latest jar find, 25 cents for each from a garage sale!

My dining room decorated in canned goods before the new canning season.

My dining room decorated as of today.

Close-up!

From the right side view!

From the left side view!
I love jars! I think that food preserved in jars is a great, frugal way to decorate. It brings so much joy and color to your home! I love sitting there eating dinner with my family and looking at all the food God has blessed us with.
For more frugal ideas click here.

17 comments:

Heavenly Homemakers Product Review Place said...

Okay WOW!!!!!!!! And I thought I loved jars!!! Check those out!!! This may be the most happy blog post I've ever read. I could look at those babies over and over again!!!! (Oh, and the babies in the picture in your side bar were just as exciting to see. SO SWEET!)

Frugal Sara said...

Wow, looks beautiful. Great job!

Moms In Need Of Mercy said...

wow! great job! The bottom pics look like the Yankee Candle store :)

Anonymous said...

No one could say in your home, "there is nothing to eat". ha!! Nice jars...what a happy home.

Donielle said...

Oh how I envy your jars!!!! They look so beautiful!

Motherhen said...

Oh those jars are a joy to see!

Misty said...

SOOOO beautiful! What a fantastic way to decorate and display your hard work! I LOVE this!

Courtney said...

Thou shall not covet, thou shall not covet, I'll just keep reminding myself. That is just beautiful though! I never would have thought to decorate with food, but it looks better than artwork!

Marianne said...

really ... these look so pretty! it's almost like you decorated with your beautiful jars of yummy food!

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

I am wiping drool off my chin.....

LBO said...

Your jars are just beautiful! I never would have imagined that canned goods could look so perfect in a dining area!

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom said...

Who would have thought to decorate with home-canned goods?! Girl, you stole my heart--and I'm really trying hard not to be green with envy! :)

jaci said...

I love canning jars! I love bottles. I love canning! What a great post! A friend directed me to read your latest post and I just cannot tell you how much I love it! I have some of those same jars! Love it!

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

That is the most beautiful piece of art I've ever seen! Don't kid yourself it is Art and you should be very proud.

My kitchen has limited wall space, and is often to warm for a canned good display( because of the wood cookstove running)If we ever get our now living room turned into a dining room, then I'll be in touch to pick your brain.

Beautiful!
Blessings from The Never Done Farm

MamaHen said...

Love it! I came over from Heavenly Homemakers and I can say that you have inspired me to re-think how I store my canning. Love it!!!!

Sharon said...

That looks beautiful! What a great--and convenient--way to display your goodies! LOVE it!

bee and beard. said...

I am so impressed and inspired! LOVE IT!