Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Is Here!!

In the words of Little Bill --- Spring is here. Spring is here. It's the best time of the year!



I am so excited that spring is here! I love to see all of God's creation bloom after a long winter and come back to life. Winters in Ohio are crazy. Last year at this time we still had snow, but this week has been beautiful!



As I sit here while Andy is on a run, Dylan is with my parents, and Lincoln is taking a nap I can hear the birds chirping, balls bouncing, and kids laughing. Some of my favorite sounds. Here is a verse that I found today that just melted my heart and expressed just how I feel-


'For behold, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone.The flowers have already appeared in the land;the time has arrived for pruning the vines,and the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land. The fig tree has ripened its figs, and the vines in blossom have given forth their fragrance. Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come along!'
Song 2:11-13 (NASB)




Okay so I didn't call Andy "my beautiful one" (maybe I should have? :D) but that explained how incredible I felt inside. So we are headed to the seed store and then out to the family farm to stake claim on our land for the garden. :) I am so excited. I know myself, and I always get so excited this time of the year and by the middle of summer I am burned out, but this year with all the recalls and money prices going up, I am pumped and ready!! Another added plus is that Dylan is really excited about helping out. He is getting to such a fun age. Lincoln can just sit and eat the dirt and have a good 'ol time.

This is especially exciting because I am going to start homeschooling this year and this can be very useful knowledge. So hi ho hi ho it's off to Saunders I go!! Hope y'all are getting out and enjoying the Spring !!

No comments: