Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Things I Love Thursday- Free At Last...


Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

When I read this verse on a blog today, I thought about how it was just what I needed. I am fearful about so many things right now. So here is a quick list so all of you can be praying for me to remember this verse.

  • I am afraid of the dark and being home at home at night. I am really paralyzingly afraid. I pray for God's protection but often don't hold tight to Him after I ask.
  • I am afraid that I am not teaching my family enough about the Lord. Another paralyzing fear I have is not seeing anyone in my family and friends or ANYONE for that matter in Heaven. I know that I do not quite understand Heaven but I do not know how it could be a perfect place if someone I care about it not there.
  • I am terrified that I am a bad mother. That I am making mistakes in how I am raising my children, how I am teaching them about the great, miraculous, loving Lord that I hold so dear. I fear that they will make some of the same mistakes I made. I know that they will have to learn for themselves but I am scared that they will turn away and not turn back.
  • I am fearful that I am making the wrong decision about homeschooling my children. I feel the Lord's gentle push but is it the right thing?
  • I fear that I am always going to be overweight and unhealthy.
  • I fear that I will have no more children.
  • I fear that I am not a good helpmate and companion for my husband and that I don't make him proud.
  • I fear that something is going to happen to my children, husband, parents, family, etc.
  • I fear that I am not the woman and following that my Sweet Jesus wants.
  • I fear that I am inadequate, a failure, and too stupid to do the task that God has in place for me.
  • I fear... I fear... I fear...
Now that we have all of those out of the way and I pictured myself handing each one of those to God, I want to share a great post with you. You can find it here. In this post she is talking about bringing things to the Lord that we just feel are too much for us. This was just what I needed today.

So friends, fear not. We have a wonderful God who knows our futures, loves us, takes care of us, and has us in the palm of his hand. So what I love is a God who takes care of me and cherishes me and watches over me.

For more Things I Love Thursday head over to Diaper Diaries.

1 comment:

Growin' With It said...

hi jodi, nice to meet you!
well i can say there are several of these that i can EASILY put my name on. and now all i can think of is that phrase "perfect love casts out all fear"...i wish i would yield more and let Him!!
have a great weekend,
linda