Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10
When I read this verse on a blog today, I thought about how it was just what I needed. I am fearful about so many things right now. So here is a quick list so all of you can be praying for me to remember this verse.
- I am afraid of the dark and being home at home at night. I am really paralyzingly afraid. I pray for God's protection but often don't hold tight to Him after I ask.
- I am afraid that I am not teaching my family enough about the Lord. Another paralyzing fear I have is not seeing anyone in my family and friends or ANYONE for that matter in Heaven. I know that I do not quite understand Heaven but I do not know how it could be a perfect place if someone I care about it not there.
- I am terrified that I am a bad mother. That I am making mistakes in how I am raising my children, how I am teaching them about the great, miraculous, loving Lord that I hold so dear. I fear that they will make some of the same mistakes I made. I know that they will have to learn for themselves but I am scared that they will turn away and not turn back.
- I am fearful that I am making the wrong decision about homeschooling my children. I feel the Lord's gentle push but is it the right thing?
- I fear that I am always going to be overweight and unhealthy.
- I fear that I will have no more children.
- I fear that I am not a good helpmate and companion for my husband and that I don't make him proud.
- I fear that something is going to happen to my children, husband, parents, family, etc.
- I fear that I am not the woman and following that my Sweet Jesus wants.
- I fear that I am inadequate, a failure, and too stupid to do the task that God has in place for me.
- I fear... I fear... I fear...
So friends, fear not. We have a wonderful God who knows our futures, loves us, takes care of us, and has us in the palm of his hand. So what I love is a God who takes care of me and cherishes me and watches over me.
For more Things I Love Thursday head over to Diaper Diaries.