Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Baking and Decorating


I just love fall! I know right now it is really gloomy and really shockingly cold, real quick, BUT there is just something about it.

It might come from my love of baking and it might come from my love of fall colors.

I also have some great memories of my Great-Grandfather and I making "leaf houses". We would rake the leaves into a little house outline and then put chairs down in the middle and sit and drink hot apple cidar and solve the World's problems. Every time I think about those memories, I smile. I cannot wait until my boys are old enough to start the tradition.

So today, I put up my Fall decorations. I am not a big Halloween lover, but my husband is, therefore, I put up Halloween decorations and then take the down quickly after it is over.

My home looks ready to take on the new season and embrace what it has to offer. After fall there is the coming Christmas season and I absolutely LOVE Christmas decorating.

I also took time to bake some pumpkin muffins, brownies, and pumpkin oatmeal bars. There is just something about baking outside when the weather is icky.

So here are some photos of the decorations we put up and the bakin we did.



Baking and decorating make my home sing. What about you? What is making our home sing this Monday?

4 comments:

momstheword said...

What a sweet memory with your great-grandfather that you can pass down to your kids! I remember making leaf houses too!

Your home is darling with all your Fall decorations. Thank you for sharing and so glad you joined in today!

Mikki said...

Just stopping by the Making your Home Sing.
What a cute family you have and a beautiful blog!!
Love all your fall decorations!!

Kara said...

I'm not a fan of Halloween decorations either, but I enjoy fall decorations! I LOVE your garden sign!

Erin said...

Passing along traditions is the way we keep people living in our lives. I love your Halloween decorations...a few tweaks will keep them good all the way through Thanksgiving!