Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

I Think I'm Going to Throw Up...

So this past year I started my own business. Trying to start out on the right foot, I saved every possible receipt for possibly EVERYTHING. I want to have everything I might need for the accountant.

Tonight, I sat down to enter all my receipt into Quick Books, little did I know the surprise that I would find... We spent money on something almost every day! Can you believe that, almost every day!?


So instead of throwing up, I am declaring !NO SPEND NOVEMBER! here at One Blessed Mama. I am going to start out with $115 for groceries and $25 for gas. When the money is gone so is my spending. Now remember, I put a TON of food up in the summer and my freezer is stocked with meat deals I have found, so I am off to a good start.



Every day I am going to post about how my "no spending" goes, as well as every week I am going to be talking about a specific topic dealing with money.

Now, there is ONE week until November officially begins, therefore, I want y'all to comment and let me know what you think of this idea. I have never held a carnival before and I don't really know how, but I want to! So, if y'all would comment and let me know if you are interested. I do not want to have a carnival by myself, that would NOT be fun!

So PLEASE leave your comments, if you're not interested just leave a comment somewhere so that I know someone besides my husband is reading the blog! :)
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
1 Timothy 6:10
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to click here to see the awesome giveaway for my blogoversary!

2 comments:

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

I can't wait to see what you do with this challenge! My next 2 shopping trips (twice a month which is payday, so Oct 30 & Nov 13) will be cut to $160. I typically have a budget of $180 each payday (15th & the last day of the month or the Fri before if the last day or 15th falls on a weekend), but I want to order from our co-op in the middle of Nov.

My budget includes pet foods, livestock feed, paper goods, etc. What all does yours include?

As for gas, we usually only have to fill my tank once a month, if that, but it costs about $50. Everything here is within 5 miles, except the feed store, and that's only 6. We have little traffic, so we don't burn gas waiting at traffic lights or sitting in jams.

Good luck to you! And for the record, I have you on my feed,s o I always read your blog when there's a new post :D

Courtney said...

Ouch! I always hate looking at where all the money went. I'm afraid Nov is going to be an expensive month for us. I need to get going on Christmas - our first family gathering is in two weeks. Speaking of which, I need to bring five $5 exchange gifts that start with 'W', I best get thinking!

You are very fortunate that you are able to have a $25 gas budget. Living in the middle of nowhere means that EVERYTHING is at least 25 miles away. Between homeschool coop, church, Bible study, dance, and groceries we make a LOT of trips to town.

I'm anxious to see what topics you come up with and how you stretch those dollars through the month!