Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Going from Scratch and Baking... Menu Plan

For lent and for money reasons the Davis' house is going to be eating at home every meal of every day for a very long time. Part of the reason is we have two boys that eat a TON and I know will begin eating even more as they will be doing a great amount of growing in the next few years.

So I am taking the plunge into from scratch foods. I am not to the point were I am going to start making my own pastas and such but I hope to soon be there.

I am also going to start baking a lot more and start freezing some baked goods. Last night I used up a bag of sweet potatoes by baking them into these sweet potato muffins. It felt really good to use something up as it was about to go bad, have a good breakfast for my family- the boys LOVED them and they were healthy, AND we had some left over to get us through the week and freeze.

So here is my menu for the week and a quick little run down and way it is set up that way.

Monday
Crockpot Oatmeal (There will be a crowd of kids here eating breakfast and I needed something quick because we will taking a trip to the Booneshoft Museum.)

PB&J Sandwiches and fruit (Quick lunch to have before I put all those beautiful children down for a glorious afternoon of rest time after a fun day.)

Crockpot Chicken Nuggets, Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese, Peas and Apple slices (Once again I will have a huge herd to feed so we are having a kid friendly, from scratch, easy to put in crockpot meal with some healthy fruits and veggies!)

Tuesday
Biscuits (from scratch!)

Cheese Sandwiches

Green Beans and Ham with Mashed Potatoes

Wednesday
Sweet Potato Muffins

Soup

Beefy Enchilada Bake with Papaya

Thursday
Applesauce Bread

Leftovers

Bourbon Chicken over White Rice

Friday
Pancakes

Hotdogs and Pretzels

Simply Oven Baked Pork Chops and Rice with Pineapple slices

Saturday
Gravy and Biscuits

Sandwiches and Soup

Beefy One Pot Dinner

Sunday
Applesauce Bread or Sweet Potato Muffins

Sirloin Roast with Gravy over Potatoes

Leftovers

Happy Menu Planning! For more menu plans you can go here.

No comments: