I will be headed to the gym right when Andy gets home so I am planning something that he can start without me. Therefore, we will be having Stir Fry with left-over chicken over white rice.
Out of my new cookbook Busy Woman's Quick & Easy Recipes- Make 'Em Happy Fix It Fast! we will be having Finger Lickin' BBQ Chicken with corn and peas
This is church night so we will be eating in a hurry and so I am having a simple recipe that my friend Sarah gave me called Dave Pott's Goulosh. It has green beans, ground beef, and tomato paste in the first layer, mashed potatoes on the next (from scratch y'all!), and then topped off with American cheese slices.
Chicken Quesadillas (from the above new cookbook from Tuesday night) with tortilla chips and salsa
Creamy Potato Soup from a recipe in my other new cookbook called Busy Woman's Slow Cooker Recipes with sandwiches
Saturday- Valentine's Day!
See my earlier post about having a special day as a family. We are going to have a family day and do some fun things.
* Breakfast- we are going to have heart-shaped biscuits with strawberry jelly
* Lunch- boys are going to get to make their own heart shaped pizzas
* Dinner- We are not going to do something red because I want to make a special dinner for my husband so I think I am going to make the kids hot dogs with RED ketchup and then I am going to make a special dinner of Lemonade Chicken with Potato skins and steamed broccoli.
We have our big meal at lunch (I will put it in the crockpot so it is ready when we get home and we aren't tempted to go out to eat.. win-win ;)) but here are a few other ideas.
* Breakfast- Crockpot Oatmeal
* Lunch- Chicken cooked in chicken gravy over dressing
* Dinner- Church Birthday Party/ Boys are going to be having leftovers at home.
For more menu planning head on over to http://orgjunkie.com/.