Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Sickness Has Invaded/ What I've Been Doing/Frugal Friday

I have been trying to keep up with my blogging this week but it has just been too hard. I have watched my friends kids a few days this week. I know that I want a big family but I am just not used to having five kids- aging 7 yo, 3 yo, 2 yo, 10 mo, and 7 mo. It is one crazy jungle here!

My great-grandmother I have been writing about- who is 97 yo!- is going to be coming home today. I didn't believe it was possible but with God ALL things are possible. So I was given the task of cleaning her -huge- home that hasn't been cleaned in 13 years. That was a job. I can honestly say that I think I only got the top layer of dust off. That took me hours upon hours. So to say my house has been neglected is a horrible understatement.

Now to top it off!! I have been sick with the horrible- Ohio changes it's weather every five minutes- head/chest cold. I have severe asthma so it is horribly hard to deal with. My kids now have it too. I am sure that I have the most clingy children when they are sick. It drives me crazy! But we are perservering!

Now I have been couponing this week. I haven't felt well enough to actually go out and shop BUT I have been clipping and I have been organizing. I am excited for what next weeks sales ads bring. So that is my little life in a quick nutshell right now. I promise that I will be more diligent on posting next week when things will hopefully die down.

Now for a quick frugal friday tip....
Cloth diapers! I love them they are the best thing since microwave popcorn. (I don't really know what that means but I am drugged on cold medicine!) They are so neat to use now. We use prefolds with just plain old diaper covers. It works... It's cheap... It's just what I need... We started making our own all in ones with spare strips of fabric and fleece. They work great too!

I am learning to use diaper pins instead of snappis and boy do my fingers show the abuse but I am perservering! So... u.s.e c.l.o.t.h. d.i.a.p.e.r.s. It's good for the environment and great for your pockets! If you need more info on cloth diapers contact me. I would love to help and guide you in the right direction.

For more frugal Friday tips go to Biblical Womanhood.

No comments: