Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

troubles of blogosphere, net, hormones, and hard days...

Once again, I am going to put my business on the web for all to read... Goodness, gracious...

First let me say, the Internet and blogosphere have done wonders for my communication. There are things (such as this post) that I have put in type but the vocal words to others have yet to come. But with every good thing there comes a little bad....

Sometimes people have bad days filled with hormones and they try to get online and talk to others or blog. Now don't get me wrong, if handled properly by both parties, this can be extremely positive. However, there are times when we don't know what's going on in others lives. We jump on this thing and have conflicting opinions and before you know it, there are hormones and opinions and hurtful words flying all over the email.

First, we do not know how others tone/attitude is when they type these things. The emotion and facial expressions just aren't there. You almost have to "read into" what you're reading. Not a good thing, especially when there is differing opinions and bad days with hormones going every which way.

We cannot properly have a "discussion" on the Internet. There is just no good way to do it. I am guilty today of jumping into a "discussion" with a dear friend and it going South quickly. I should have just gotten on the phone, but I'm a big chicken. Hurtful things were said, on both ends, and there was hurt feelings.

Thankfully, after semi talking it out, things are on an upward swing. However, we have to be open to the possibility that (just like life) there are painful situations going on in the other person's life. We also have to be open to the fact that maybe people's "tone" isn't what we are reading it to be.

Now let me tell you a little something more... No one should ever dismiss the friendships that develop over the Internet. They are just as special and as real as if you had met the friend at the supermarket or at church.

I found that out today after the disagreement with a friend. We were both sitting at our computers at totally different computers, states away, crying over the possibility of losing a friendship. I have no question now how much these friendships mean to me. I will never take them for granted or think lesser of them than "real" friends.

So dear friend, if you read this, I'm sorry and this is for you... I hope that we can not only stay bloggy friends but one day be real friends that take family vacations together! You are one of the best and I will never take you for granted again.

No comments: