Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

GratiTuesday: Christmas Tree Traditions

The first weekend, beginning with the Friday after Thanksgiving, we begin our weekend of Christmas Tree Traditions.

This is one of my favorite times of the year.

My Great-Grandfather started the tradition of everyone in the family having their own Christmas tree. It was always something special we did together every year. My Great-Grandparents would come over and we would decorate it together and share that special time together.

Even though they are gone, it is still a tradition I do with my own children. Christmas trees just have a special meaning for me. There are many trees that hold a wonderful place in my heart...

Today I am thankful for those traditions and I would like to share them with you... Hope you enjoy them!

This is our family tree. We put it out together. It has homemade ornaments and family ornaments on it. We always put up this tree the Friday after Thanksgiving.

This is a tree at our church that my mother is in charge of. This is my favorite tree. It is the Giving Tree. Every year my mom finds families in need and we take an ornament off of the tree that has a special gift on it to purchase. The whole church takes part. This year, there are 8 families and over 125 ornaments for children's gifts. It is an incredible tradition to start when trying to teach your children about giving to others...

The first Sunday after Thanksgiving, our church holds a "Hanging of the Greens" service. We all come together in the evening and begin by singing Christmas carols together. Here is (from front to back) Lincoln, my Dad, Dylan and Andy holding up the ladder. Andy was lucky to be volunteered by the Pastor from the pulpit to hold the ladder. :)

Sorry about the "red eye" but here is a sweet picture of my Dad and Lincoln singing.

Here is the picture of the church Christmas tree before the ornaments were hung...

Andy is doing a wonderful job with the ladder!

Dylan and Lincoln hanging their decorations...

Here are the ornaments for the boys tree sitting out and waiting to be hung...

The tree waiting to be decorated...

I decided to help a little...

I will be posting the boys Christmas tree picture at a later date! I love to keep y'all waiting in anticipation... :)





This post is like to Gratituesdays.

No comments: