Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

a discussion

I feel kind of like I have let you all down with No Spend November. I have not been spending money and I am still pretty much on track. BUT, to be honest with you, I have been kind of shifting money around. Not as much grocery money was needed, therefore I went to lunch play dates more. I am still spending cash and I am still under the amount I had declared my "when cash is done, so is my spending" plan.

However, there are a lot more pressing issues going on around me. The first issue around me (I will share more in depth in another post) is more job loss in our area. They are still laying off people right and left and it looks like it's only going to get worse not better any time soon. Please be in prayer.

The next and the whole point of this post is the world ending in the year 2012 idea.

I have been helping my parents deep clean their home for the holidays since they both work and they host the events. Therefore, my kids and I have been listening to K-love day in and out for two days.

I LOVE that station. However, they have been discussing the 2012 issue a lot and when a four year old, who is starting to hear and process everything, is listening it makes it difficult.

So as you can imagine, there have been quite a few questions from his little mind and mouth. A lot of people I know, Jesus followers or not, are starting to question the time of the world's end.

Here is my take on the whole issue. As I have said before, these are just my opinions in which I have sought after the Lord's will and prayed over for a while. They are not those of a woman who knows or pretends to know everything...

First of all, we don't know when the world is going to end. Therefore, why waste time worrying about it. In this post, I wrote about how I feel the Devil uses our worry and insecurities. I believe whole-hearted that the Devil is having a field day with this movie coming out. I bet he is mustering up a big ol' scheme to go along with it.

The Bible tells us that we do not know when the end of days are coming. "But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and everything in them will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be exposed to judgment." 2 Peter 3:10

However, I did not go into this with my young son. His mind would have been going every which way and he would have one confused little spirit. Instead, I took him on my lap and explained to him, just the way I am going to explain my second point to you... This, to me, is the most important point about the whole end of the world discussion....

WHY DOES IT MATTER?!?

If we are living our lives as the Lord has called us, if we believe in the Cross and all it stands for, if we believe that Jesus, our King of Kings and Lord of Lords, died for our sins and rose again and is among us today in our hearts, if we are telling everyone we know about his AWESOME Message...WHY DOES IT MATTER?!?

I love my life here on Earth and I am in no way trying to get out of it early, but Sisters and Brothers, let you tell you a little something, my Jesus is waiting on me and if today is the day or tomorrow is the day or 2012 or if I am one hundred years old, I know where I am headed and I am ready!

Now as I told Dylan, it's okay to be afraid of what might happen with our lives or the Earth, but it is NOT okay to let if become an idol that the Devil can use. Our Sweet Heavenly Father has told us that he will never leave us nor forsake us. He is right there with us. We should have no fear, but if we do, take it to Him and let Him sooth your mind and give you peace.

Matthew 24:42 tells us to be alert and be ready for Jesus return. "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come."

So I ask you... Does it really matter when Jesus comes back? Do you know Him? Do you know that He wants to calm all your fears and fill you with peace? Do you know He wants that not only when it comes to the rapture but in every part of your life? Do you know Him? If not, can I tell you about my best friend and my refuge and strength?


4 comments:

Janet said...

Agreeing. Only God knows and there is absolutely no reason to waste our time worrying about it. The only good in even thinking about it is that it might motivate us to take advantage of all our opportunities to share the love of Christ with others.

Courtney said...

Amen!

Lisa C said...

Love the new look... and the new post. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you!!

Do you remember everyone panicking over the year 2000? People were claiming the world would come to an end and all of the computers crashing and such. Wouldn't you have thought that people would have taken that hindsight to heart?

We are told in the scriptures that no one will know the day date/time. I can't believe some people have the audacity to think that God has somehow given them special "insight". It goes against scripture, for Heaven's sake!