Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Is There Anything Too Hard For Me?

I wrote this post last April but how important is it to remember today also?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
Jeremiah 32:27

In a world where everything seems up in the air, times are concerning. I know in my own life, I worry about the things that I have just no control over.


What are we going to do if my husband loses his job? What am I going to do if one of my children get sick? What am I going to do if I cannot have anymore children? I can't do this diet the doctors say I need to do- I just can't. I can't give over control of my worry about having more children. I can't homeschool. I can't stay home and be a good mother and wife. I can't find time to add one more thing to me day. I just cannot eat at home one more night even if we are trying to pay off debt. I just can't... I just can't...

Have you ever had those thoughts? I have them all the time. I am still having them as I sit here. I was just having them as I cried out to a friend- How am I going to do that?


First, I know that I fail to go to the Lord. Too often I want to vent to my husband or a friend. I want them to reassure me. I want them to give me their opinion. How often to a run first to my Heavenly Father and ask for his opinion or reassurance?

Secondly, we forget that we are just human! We are going to sin. We are going to fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). If that is the case, why am I so hard on myself? Why do I always try to put on the super-mom look? All those questions I have above, I might not be able to do by myself. BUT with the help of my Sweet Jesus, those things and much more are attainable.


So next time you or I think how am I going to do this remember that we don't have to do it alone and with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMEN! :) Great post - thanks for sharing. I can relate to every bit of it. I am a SAH/Homeschooling mom of one because I have not yet been blessed with another - my son is going to be 10 in March. I have recently begun losing weight and my doc is thrilled! I'm down nearly 20 pounds since the beginning of September and she is sure that I'll get pregnant once I lose some weight. I often struggle with giving everything over to God and I can assure you He is working with me on that! :) I'll be praying for you - He never meant for us to carry these burdens and stress...He loves us FAR too much!