Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Road to Financial Freedom: Part 2

I was going to write about budgeting today but I just felt like there were other matters that needed discussed first.

When I first stepped into learning about getting our finances under control, I was overwhelmed. There was so much material and my head was spinning.

Where do I start? What is the first step? Where do I even try to begin?

Today I am going to show you some of the best resources I have found. I have been there and trust me, I have read and researched it. I am going to share with you books I have read, websites I have become involved in and blogs that I read to keep on track and accountable.

Awesome book resources:
  • 30 Day to Taming Your Finances by Deborah Smith Pegues 
  • Debt-Proof Living by Mary Hunt
  • Financial Peace Revisted by Dave Ramsey
  • Learning to Live Financially Free by Curt and Marybeth Whalen
  • Live Your Life for Half the Price by Mary Hunt
  • Your Money Counts by Howard Dayton
  • Your Money Map by Howard Dayton
  • The Complete Cheapskate by Mary Hunt
  • The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko
  • The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
All of these books are on the right side of my blog (under my favorites/recommendations) so that you can access them easily if you are interested (but as always, the library is most likely the more frugal option).


Websites:

Blogs or Online Journals
  • LifeasMOM.com
  • Thehappyhousewife.com
  • curtandmarybethwhalen.com
  • couponomicstimuluspackage.blogspot.com
  • moneysavingmom.com
  • dealseekingmom.com
  • moneyjarsavings.blogspt.com
There are many, many more resources out there. Go out and read, read, and read some more. Like knowlege equals power, money knowledge equals more money!

Have anymore questions? Don't know where to begin? Have you been on the road to financial freedom for a while? What step are you? Leave a comment and let me know. I love to hear from you!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*This post is linked to Frugal Friday.

No comments: