Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Sourdough: Day 3

I have to been honest, day number three is extremely uneventful but I feel like I need to show you step by step anyway because that's what I would need.

There have been a few wonderful ladies acquire about where to go jars at this time of year. I, really and truthfully, go around and let people (especially little cute old women) that I am looking for jars, I look on ebay and Craiglist and I also find them at Meijers (Meijer is a grocery chain in Ohio). Beyond those, I have no idea. Laura also says that you can use a glass bowl. You could try that instead of using recycle spaghetti jars.

Now until day three!



This is what my sourdough start looks like on day 3. Laura said that she did not have a lot of brown liquid at the top but as you can see, I had quite a bit.



The next step once again is pour brown liquid off.



Once again, just like yesterday, you pour your sourdough mixture into a clean jar or bowl.

You then add another cup of water and another cup of your flour mixture.


I took a picture of my mixing because this was the first day when I felt like it was harder to mix. You really have to make sure that you are stirring it all together and until completely blended.



Tie the rubber band and cloth back around top and put back in its warm little hiding spot!

I welcome you to come back for Day 4!

No comments: